Frequently Asked Questions

RESEARCH related travel questions:
Email: Annmarie Maroney
Phone: 464-4978

STATE related travel questions:
Email: Lindsey Dwyer
Phone: 464-4977
Will I be reimbursed for a rental car while at a conference?
Car rental reimbursement must be justified for business purposes. If you decide to rent a car and cannot justify it for business purposes, the cost of a taxi or shuttle from the airport to the hotel and return will be reimbursed with the submission of the car rental receipt.
What if I lose the receipts for my travel reimbursement?
Receipts will not be required for incidental business expenses under $75, such as tolls, parking, taxis and local bus or train fares. If a receipt is not obtained or is lost, the traveler may itemize the expenditure in a memo and submit it with the Travel Voucher. The $75 limit refers to each receipt. Receipts for hotel and other major expenses are required for reimbursement.