Dawn Post, PhD
- Assistant Professor of Urology
Cancer treatments. My lab is currently investigating two different cancer therapy approaches: (1) oncolytic viruses and (2) inhibitors of the EGFR/Her pathway.
Link to PubMed (Opens new window. Close the PubMed window to return to this page.)
- Kalman, B., Szep, E. Garzuly, F., and Post, D.E. (2013) Epidermal growth factor receptor as a therapeutic target in glioblastoma. NeuroMolecular Medicine, in press.
- Longo, S.L., Padalino, D., McGillis, S., Petersen, K., Schirok, H., Politz, O., Canute, G.W., and Post, D.E. (2012) Bay846, a new irreversible small molecule inhibitor of EGFR and Her2, is highly effective against malignant brain tumor models. Investigational New Drugs 30, 2161-72.
- Longo, S.L., Griffith, C., Glass, A., Shillitoe, E.J., and Post, D.E. (2011) Development of an oncolytic Herpes Simplex Virus using a tumor-specific HIF-responsive promoter. Cancer Gene Therapy 18, 123-34.
- Cherry, T., Longo, S.L., Tovar-Spinoza, Z., and Post, D.E. (2010) Second-generation HIF-activated oncolytic adenoviruses with improved replication, oncolytic, and anti-tumor efficacy. Gene Therapy 17, 1430-41.
- Post, D.E. and Van Meir, E.G. (2009) The development of targeted cancer gene-therapy adenoviruses for high-grade glioma treatment. CNS cancer: models, markers, prognostic factors, targets, and therapeutic approaches. Van Meir, E.G. (ed), Springer, Secaucus, NJ, pgs. 1137-64.
- Post, D.E., Sandberg, E., Kyle, M.M., Devi, N.S., Brat, D.J., Xu, Z., Tighiouart, M., and Van Meir, E.G. (2007) Targeted cancer-gene therapy using a HIF-dependent oncolytic adenovirus armed with interleukin-4. Cancer Research 67, 6872-81.
- Post, D.E., Shim, H., Toussaint-Smith, E., and Van Meir, E.G. (2005) Cancer scene investigation: how a cold virus became a cancer killer. Future Oncology 1, 247-258.
- Post, D.E., Devi, N.S., Li, Z., Zhang, Z., Brat, D.J., Kaur, B., Nicholson, A., Olson, J.J., Zhang, Z., and Van Meir, E.G. (2004) Cancer therapy with a replicating oncolytic adenovirus targeting the hypoxic microenvironment of tumors. Clin. Cancer Res. 10, 8603-12.
- Chu R., Post D.E., Khuri F. andVan Meir E.G. (2004) Use of replicative oncolytic adenoviruses in combination therapy for cancer. Clin. Cancer Res. 52, 5299-312.
- Post, D.E., Fulci, G., Chiocca, E.A., and Van Meir, E.G. (2004) Replicative oncolytic herpes simplex viruses in combination cancer therapies. Current Gene Therapy 4, 41-51.
- Post, D.E. and Van Meir, E.G.(2003) A novel hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF) activated oncolytic adenovirus for cancer therapy. Oncogene 22, 2065-72.
- Post, D.E. and Van Meir, E.G. (2001) Generation of bidirectional hypoxia/HIF-responsive expression vectors to target gene expression to hypoxic cells. Gene Therapy 8, 1801-07.