Thoracic Oncology Program (TOP)
Phone: 800 544-1605
The Central New York Thoracic Oncology Program (TOP) at University Hospital offers a team approach to treating thoracic cancersincluding lung cancer, esophageal cancer, mesothelioma, mediastinal tumors, thymoma, malignant pleural effusion and cancers metastatic to the chest.
In one appointment, your patient can meet with a team of specialists from: Thoracic Surgery, Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Pulmonary Medicine, Thoracic Radiology, Cytopathology.
TOP provides physicians with:
- prompt, comprehensive patient evaluations and recommendations for treatment
- timely physician feedback on patient progress
- coordination of treatment with local and referring physicians
TOP provides patients with:
- the best in multi-modality treatment for all malignancies in the chest
- a smooth, coordinated approach
- access to leading-edge treatments and clinical trials
Weekly, multi-disciplinary patient appointments
In one appointment, patients can meet with a team of specialists from:
- Thoracic Surgery
- Medical Oncology
- Radiation Oncology
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Thoracic Radiology
University Hospital, the best choice for thoracic oncology care.
- University Hospital's Thoracic Oncology Program is the only service of its type in Central New York.
- University Hospital has the shortest length of stay for major lung surgery in Central New York.
- University Hospital is a high-volume hospital for esophageal surgery, resulting in lower mortality and morbidity.
- Surgeons at University Hospital have done more than 100 VATS Lobectomies (lung cancer surgery with video and small incisions).