Endocrine (Thyroid) Surgery
Endocrine (Thyroid) Surgery/Thyroid Cancer Clinic
University Health Care Center Map & directions
1st Floor - Breast Care Center, 90 Presidential Plaza, Syracuse, NY 13202
The Endocrine Surgery Department at Upstate Medical University sees and treats the highest volume of Thyroid and Parathyroid disorders in the Upstate New York Region. Our services include:
- Two Board Certified surgeons who specialize in routine, as well as complex thyroid and parathyroid surgery for all benign and malignant conditions, care for all patients.
- A dedicated nurse practitioner provides complete pre and post operative follow up as well as emotional support for all patients.
- Minimally invasive parathyroid surgery is available.
- Our surgeons have performed over 3000 thyroid and parathyroid operations with a complication rate of less than 1%.
- We have the only Thyroid Cancer Center in the Regional multidisciplinary center devoted specifically to the treatment and follow up of patients with thyroid malignancies.
- Outstanding ancillary services include readily available pathologists for immediate preliminary biopsy results done in the office.