Syracuse Heart Walk/Run
A 1–3 mile, non-competitive walk around OCC with all intersections safely guarded for enjoyable family fun (rain or shine). A run component is available as well, to benefit the American Heart Association's fight against Heart Disease and Stroke, America's #1 & #3 killers.
Upstate has been a proud sponsor of the Heart Walk for many years, and Team Upstate was one of the top overall fundraising teams since 2007. Upstate's cardiovascular research program has received hundreds of thousands of dollars from Heart Walk proceeds over the years.
Saturday, April 2, 2016
|8 am -1 pm||Heart Healthy Indoor Activities|
|9:25 am||Team Upstate Photo|
|9:30 am||Opening and Survivor Ceremonies|
5K Run begins, Walk immediately follows (rain or shine)
SRC Center, Onondaga Community College
4585 West Seneca Turnpike, Syracuse, NY - get directions
FREE ON-SITE PARKING - No Shuttle Buses!
How to register for the Upstate Team and receive a long-sleeve red and gray Colorblock cotton shirt" - view shirt
- Register as a walker ON-LINE -or- Pick up a paper registration form from any TEAM CAPTAIN .
- Donate a minimum of $35 ($20 for students) to qualify for a long-sleeved Team Upstate tek shirt.
- donate on-line by credit card or return your donation to your Team Captain (cash or check payable to American Heart Association)
- or return completed paper registration form and minimum $35 ($20 for students) to your Team Captain
note: the American Heart Association on-line registration site has a $25 minimum, so students/children will need to submit their $20 registration fee by cash or check to their team captain
*Note - the deadline to reserve a shirt is March 3. NEW this year, you do not have to email your shirt sizes! The AHA will track your shirt size when you register and will send that information to marketing!
You may register right up to the event, and also at Heart Association registration tent on the day of the event, but after 3/3 there will be a limited amount of shirts available on a first-come first-served basis.
Employees, students, friends and families qualify for a shirt - just register for the Upstate team!
SHIRT SIZES (Specify Youth or Adult!)
Adult: XS, S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL
If you do not have a team captain in your area, call 464-4836 (downtown) or 492-5551 (Community campus) to join a team .
Continue to Fundraise!
- All walkers and runners are asked to set a fundraising goal of $100.
- Continue to fundraise right up to the event - additional donations can be turned in at the American Heart Association tent on event day.
- Incentive prizes are available for participants who raise $250 or more. A Heart Walk T-shirt is given to those who raise $100 or more.