Meet Our Fellows
Ivan Marchena, MD 2013-2015
This fellow, Ivan Marchena, was born in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. He graduated Magna Cum Laude from the Universidad Pedro Henriquez Urena, Dominican Republic. Dr. Marchena completed his residency at Abington Memorial Hospital in Abington, Pennsylvania. He is a member of the American College of Rheumatology and the Dominican Medical Association, New York.
Ana Mercedes, MD 2013-2015
This fellow graduated Magna Cum Laude from the Instituto Tecnologico de Santo Domingo (Intec), Dominican Republic. She completed residency at Danbury Hospital in Danbury, Connecticut. She is a member of the American College of Rheumatology and the Dominican Medical Association, New York.
Dr. Mercedes has presented several research projects, for which she won awards and has several articles that have been published. Her special interests include SLE, Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy, Takayasu's Arateritis, and Hypermobility Syndrome.
Dr. Mercedes speaks five languages: English, French, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish.
Fellows of Previous Years
- Zhang, Hao-2013
- Shadakshari, Ashwini-2013
- Jianghong (Julie) Yu, MD-2012
- Ricardo J. Garcia Alemany, MD-2011
- Maha Dawood, MD-2011
- Lisa Francis, MD-2010 (Pubmed)
- Hajra Tily, MD-2009 (Pubmed)
- Eduardo Bonilla-2008 (Pubmed)
- Ekaterina Soforo-2008 (Pubmed)
- Naureen Mirza, MD-2006 (Pubmed)
- Maricarmen Quintero, MD-2005
- Soha Mousa, MD-2004 (Pubmed)