Strategic Plan for Research
All research at SUNY Upstate Medical University is aimed
at understanding and
improving the human condition.
The institution's Strategic Plan for Research highlights this connection between research and disease.
In addition to detailing SUNY Upstate's four research pillars, the plan is the blueprint for the future. It will be used to help decide research priorities for the campus, including:
- Determining its core facilities
- Planning new research space
- Strengthening clinical and translational research
- Goals for the graduate program
- Further developing ties to industry
The Implementation Plan
This Strategic Plan for Strengthening Research is followed by a second document: an implementation plan. The plan details a series of events required to strengthen and grow our research enterprise.