Effective July 1, 2014
The Office for Sponsored Programs has changed the internal required College Face Sheet paper process to an electronic form located on Upstate's Self Serve. This requirement has fully replaced the paper process and will be required to be submitted/signed off on completely before a grant will be submitted. After logging into your self seve click on Applications - Grant Requests. Contact April Bridges with questions or if you can not find the form.
The pre-award staff recommends that you locate and review all application guidelines prior to drafting and documents for submission. Most sponsors have very specific requirements for how all documents must be presented in your application. Typically each request for proposal indicates the specific instructions and formats that must be adhered to as part of the application. If you are unsure of any information listed in the application guidlines, please contact the pre-awards office.
- Develop an "Internal" or "Working" budget that indicates all potential cost elements. Most sponsors require the use of specific budget forms; an internal budget spreadsheet will allow you to estimate the project budget before the budget is entered into the application.
- Make sure all costs are appropriate to the program.
- Forward draft budget to Jennifer or Brian for review.
Collaborating with another Institution
If you are collaborating with another institution, the following materials must be obtained from the collaborating institution:
- Letter of Commitment from an institutional representative who can bind the collaborating institution.
- Scope of Work - with sufficient detail or deliverables to be measured. This document must be specific only to the work the collaborator intends to complete.
- Federally Negotiated Rate Agreement and statement of current fringe benefit costs.
NIH Application Preparation Assistance
- NIH Grant Writing Tips
- NCI Grant Application and Review Process
- NCI Quick Guide for Grant Applications