Phone: 315 464-4398 office; 315 385-9527 cell
Industry Relations works internally with Upstate faculty and staff and externally with industry partners by supporting the development of intellectual property, the transfer of technologies for commercialization, and the cultivation of relationships between Upstate and industry with the goal to bring medical breakthroughs to patients.
Our role is to:
- Work with Upstate faculty and staff to solicit, review and pursue protection for novel technologies.
- Work with faculty and staff to bring intellectual property from ideas to commercialization through the establishment of new companies.
- Identify potential industry partners and support the commercialization of new technologies developed at Upstate.
- Obtain industry sponsored funds for clinical and basic research.
- Obtain governmental funding for commercialization of clinical and basic research discoveries.
- Obtain clients for the Central New York Biotechnology Research Center, the joint Upstate Medical University/ESF incubator.
- Collaborate with local industry, community, and university experts to advance Upstate technologies.
- Policy on Conflict of Interest and Commitment