Medical Imaging Technologists
Phone: 315 464-6929
The complex nature of disease processes involves multiple types of medical imaging. The radiologic sciences prepare qualified health care professionals to function as a liaison between the patient and the radiologist and other members of the support team.
The technologist plays the primary role in:
- Acquisition of diagnostic and therapeutic images
- Utilizing radiant energy, ionizing radiation (X-Ray), and other forms of electromagnetic energy, and sound waves for the imaging, diagnosis, and treatment of disease
The medical imaging professional must possess the ability to combine scientific knowledge, technical skills and effective social skills. Each distinct specialty has its own accreditation, educational, and clinical training requirements.
Learn more about the professions in Medical Imaging:
- US Department of Labor
- American Society of Radiological Technologists
- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Society of Nuclear Medicine
Study Medical Imaging Technology
SUNY Upstate Medical University
College of Health Professions
College of Health Professions!
Learn More >