Adult Psychiatry Clinic
Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences Building
Map & directions
Rm. 100, 713 Harrison Street, Syracuse, NY 13210
Phone: 315 464-3165
Fax: 315 464-3180
Clinic Hours: 8:30 am – 5 pm, Monday – Friday
- Kelly M Canfield, FNP, NPP
- Deborah L Pollack, PhD
- Robbi T Saletsky, PhD
- Thomas L Schwartz, MD, Director
- Jean Shook, NP
The primary mission of the SUNY Upstate Medical University Adult Psychiatry Clinic is the education of Residents in Psychiatry and Interns in Clinical Psychology under the careful supervision of the SUNY Upstate Medical University Department of Psychiatry Faculty who are themselves fully qualified and licensed psychiatrists, psychologists and social workers.
The Clinic is dedicated to providing the best available care which this community has to offer. Referrals to our Clinic are screened to fulfill our missions of teaching those in training while being able to assist patients in resolving problems. In the event a patient is not accepted into our program, we will work with the patient to locate appropriate alternative care.
The Admission and Treatment Process
- Those seeking treatment may be self-referred or be referred by their physicians or other social agencies.
- Psychiatric and Psychological consultations are also completed for Departments at University Hospital.
- Patients are invited to call us directly at:
Weekdays, between 8:30 am and 5 pm
Arrange an intake interview.
- If admitted, patients are invited to take an active part in planning their treatment.
- The length of treatment is determined by factors including, but not limited to, the diagnosis, past history, prognosis, etc.
Our goal is to work with patients to ensure progress in restoring their health and well being.
Crisis intervention services are available through the Emergency Room at University Hospital and the Upstate Medical University Inpatient Psychiatric Unit. We do not manage psychiatric emergencies at the Adult Outpatient Psychiatry Clinic except for those enrolled at our Clinic.
Also available at the clinic:
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Couples therapy
- Family therapy
- Limited social work services
- Medication management
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders Program
- Depressive Disorders
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
- Psychological Testing
- Eating Disorders Program
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Anxiety Disorders
- Medication Management
Appointments can be made by calling our secretary at 315 464-3165.
The hospital bills many insurances, but not all. No one is denied services because of their inability to pay. A sliding fee schedule is available to qualified patients based on income.
Pay parking is available in the open visitor's lot on Sarah Loguen Street, immediately opposite the entrance to the parking garage of Upstate Medical University. It is a short walk from the parking lot to the Clinic.