Functional Capacity Evaluation Program
A Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) is a battery of tests used to determine a person's safe ability to return to work and to identify limitations after an injury or illness. Activities include bending, squatting, reaching, lifting, pushing, pulling, walking and stair climbing. While a FCE can be ordered by an insurance company, we require a physician's referral for you to have an FCE.
What Should You Expect From Your Visit?
Most FCEs can be completed in 2 hours. Some may take up to 4 hours depending on the reason the FCE is being performed.
Offered at this office location:Institute for Human Performance
505 Irving Ave,
Syracuse, NY 13210
Preparing for Your Visit
- If you take medications, please take them as scheduled.
- Please bring a list of your medications with you to your visit.
- Bring copies of any medical reports or diagnostic tests to your visit.
- Dress comfortably (shorts, sweatpants, sneakers) as you will be performing activities involving bending, squatting, lifting and walking.
- Please arrange for child care.
- Pay parking lots are available.
Frequently Asked Questions
I am still receiving physical therapy for my injury; can I still receive a FCE?
No, the FCE should be scheduled once you have completed your rehabilitation.
I just had surgery; can I still receive a FCE?
No. You will need clearance from your surgeon before we can schedule the FCE.
I am pregnant; can I still receive a FCE?