The following is a list of more common parking violations on the Upstate Medical University campus:
- Not a Designated Space (557.2(e))
- No Parking Zone (557.2(e))
- Parking In Roadway (557.2(e))
- Overtime Parking (557.2(e))
- No Permit (557.2(f))
- Expired Permits No Permit (557.2(f))
- Wrong Permit No Permit (557.2(f))
- Registration of Motor Vehicles (401 1.a)
- Vehicle Inspection (306 (b))
- Handicapped Parking (1203 b.2)
- This list is subject to change and may not be inclusive.
- Starting in 2015, there will be monetary fines associated with tickets. $15.00 for a first violation and $25 for each additional.
- Payment is due 14 calendar days from date of issue. After this period a late fee will be assessed
- Frequent violators or those with unpaid tickets are subject to towing. Tow and storage expense(s) are the responsibility of the vehicle’s registered owner
- If you feel you were not in violation of the law(s) you were ticketed for, you may appeal your ticket within 14 calendar days of the issuance of the ticket.
- Appeals should be done online at Upstate Parking Violations website. Click on “Lookup a Ticket”, enter your Ticket and Plate number and then follow the directions to submit an appeal
- If you do not have access to the website, all other appeals must be made on the appeals form. This can be obtained on both campuses at the University Police Offices.
- Fines can be paid securely on line at Upstate Parking Violations website.
- Payment of fines can also be done in person at the following locations:
Downtown Parking Office, UH 1801;
the Community Campus Parking Office, Room 213.
Cash, Check, Visa, MasterCard or Discover is accepted
Frequently Asked Question
Where does the permit sticker attach to my vehicle?
Permits stickers must be permanently attached, from the outside, to the rear most driver's side window in the lower right corner. Permits placed incorrectly will be subject to ticketing.
If you have any questions, please contact Public Safety at 464-4000 or the Parking Offices- Downtown 464-4801 or Community 492-5017