Handicapped parking is available in:
- SUNY Upstate Medical University Garage East
From Adams Street, the Visitor's garage is on the left, across from the Hospital. Enter from either Sarah Loguen Street or Elizabeth Blackwell Street.
- SUNY Upstate Medical University Garage West
From Adams Street, the Visitor's garage is on the left, across from the Hospital. Enter from either Sarah Loguen Street or Harrison treet.
- I Lot
Corner of S. McBride Street and Washington Street
- Library Lot (L Lot)
On the south side of Weiskotten Hall. Entrance is from Irving Ave.
Handicapped parking in the Library lot is by pay meter only and is open to public parking. Posted rates apply for all handicapped usage.
- All off-campus surface lots
Any employee seeking handicapped parking will be asked to complete the Upstate handicapped request form . The form requires an employee to:
- Identify specific limitations as they pertain to parking (can the employee ride a bus);
- Obtain a physician signature;
- Provide information on any handicapped tag/permit issued to the individual by a municipality. Such tags must tie to the requester's New York State license number in order to qualify for handicapped status. (This tie is a new practice being employed by most municipalities, which includes the last four digits of the license on the handicapped permit.)
Upon approval by the parking office to use handicapped parking, the municipal (county, state, or town) permit must be displayed on the vehicle.
Only short-term handicapped permits with a maximum term of two months will be issued in the absence of one issued by a municipality. Issuance will be at the discretion of the parking office, with advice from the Office of Student and Employee Health. Such advice would be sought where the difficulty of the decision by the parking office warrants assistance. The parking office can consider an additional two-month extension. Under most situations, the permit for handicapped parking will be issued for use in one of the off-campus shuttle lot handicapped areas.
Vehicles not displaying valid handicap identification will be ticketed and/or towed at the owner's expense.
Beginning Monday, July 28, 2014 there will be several changes made to the shuttle service. They include:
Stops will not longer be made in the Hospital Circle or Jacobsen Hall. All pick ups and drops off will be made at a new stop on Sarah Loguen Street next to the Garage East. This includes the bus traveling to and from Community Campus.
A new stop has been added for the Institute for Human Performance.