Welcome to the Center for Maternal & Child Health
Location: 90 Presidential Plaza
University Health Care Center Suite 4079
Syracuse, NY 13202
Phone: 315 464-5706
Fax: 315 464-5703
The Center is a collaboration of efforts by members of the SUNY Upstate Medical University team aimed at using education, research, and patient care to improve the outcome of pregnancy.
To serve mothers and children via education, research and patient care, to optimize family health.
For all mothers, children and families to attain the maximum opportunities for health.
What Efforts Are Underway?
Education and research efforts are reflected in our Central New York Regional Perinatal Program and Perinatal Data System.
Patient Care Efforts are reflected in two clinical models, the Regional Perinatal Center activities for high risk perinatal care and the Women's Health Services for low risk perinatal care.
The focus of these efforts is to provide risk appropriate care which at the same time honors and maximizes:
- Intrinsic Naturalness of the Reproductive/Parenting Process
- Biological Continuity of the Fetus Newborn, Infant
- Mutually Beneficial Relationship of the Mother-Fetus/Mother-Child
- Value of the Father in Achieving Long Term Optimal Family Health
- Appointment of Dr. Jodi Wallis
- Meet some of the Centering team
- March of Dimes Grant given to SUNY Upstate Regional Perinatal Center
- Ali Doyle receives the GME award for Team work
- Retiring obstetrician Richard Aubry, MD, MPH reflects on his 50 year career
- Leah Kaufman joins the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology