General Obstetrics and Gynecology
Upstate Women's Health Services
University Health Care Center
3rd Fl., 90 Presidential Plaza
Syracuse, NY 13202
Map & direction
Phone: 315 464-5210
Fax: 315 464-6011
The physicians in the general division furnish medical advice, education, and treatment in the entire range of Reproductive Health and Preventive Care. This includes services for adolescents, women in the childbearing age and the peri and post menopausal years.
Our physicians utilize the most advanced techniques available for birth control and the newer, evolving methods of family planning.
Both medical and surgical gynecological care are provided by this division, including advice and coordination for those interested in 'Complimentary Medicine'.
Complete maternity care services, involving a range of risk levels, and the entire range of family planning services, including those women with special needs and problems are available from our general division physicians.
Philip L Ferro, MD
5142 Upstate University Hospital - Downtown Campus
750 East Adams Street
Syracuse, NY 13210
Clinical Section Affiliations
- Obstetrics and Gynecology: Family Planning, General Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Women's Health Network: Obstetric, Gynecology & Urogynecology
Education & Fellowships
- Residency: University Hospital, SUNY Health Science Center at Syracuse, 1959
- Residency: Brooklyn Hospital, 1956
- MD: SUNY Health Science Center at Syracuse, 1954
- The most advanced techniques available for birth control and the newer, evolving methods of family planning.
Specialties & Certification
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Family Planning Counseling
- Gynecologic Laparoscopic Surgery
- Sterilization by Laparoscopy
Current Hospital Privileges
- Upstate University Hospital
Clinical Profile Shortcut: http://www.upstate.edu/findadoc/ferrop
Faculty Profile Shortcut: http://www.upstate.edu/faculty/ferrop