SUNY Upstate Residency Program began in 1952. We currently have a team of 20 residents, assigning 5 residents for each post-graduate year. The medical facilities in Syracuse serve a 21 county area as a major referral center and thus draw patients from the entire region as well as the population of the metropolitan area.
- University Hospital
- University Hospital at Community Hospital
- Crouse Hospital
- Health Science Library with over 112,000 volumes
- Institute for Human Performance (IHP)
- Campus Activities Building
- Educational Communications
- Marley Education Center
- Weiskotten Hall
- Center for Maternal Child Health
Gynecology rotations are done at University Hospital and Crouse Hospital. University Hospital is a 350-bed facility which is staffed entirely by College of Medicine full-time and clinical faculty. It also houses office, out-patient, teaching, and research facilities. Crouse Hospital, a private 600-bed facility, is a major affiliate of SUNY Upstate Medical University. The obstetrics rotation are done entirely at this hospital.
Close collaboration with nearby health facilities is ongoing. A balanced experience is offered in the community hospital setting as well as in the tertiary care programs of our University Hospital.
- Robotic Surgery
- Fetal monitoring
- Sonography - Abdominal and Transvaginal
- Caesarean Hysterectomy
- Advanced Laparoscopy
- Operative Hysteroscopy
- Laser surgery
- All Methods of Contraception
New training areas are being continuously developed in response to changes in medical practice.
- Each resident is assigned a clinic session and his/her patients are followed continuously throughout residency.
- The resident's academic training is further enhanced further by research projects.
- During the third year, residents present a formal case review and, in the fourth year, residents give a formal research project presentation.
- The results of residents' research are presented annually during a spring Senior and Chief Residents' Scientific Forum.
- Appointment of Dr. Jodi Wallis
- Meet some of the Centering team
- March of Dimes Grant given to SUNY Upstate Regional Perinatal Center
- Ali Doyle receives the GME award for Team work
- Retiring obstetrician Richard Aubry, MD, MPH reflects on his 50 year career
- Leah Kaufman joins the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology