Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
SUNY Upstate welcomes new and returning students to campus
SYRACUSE, N.Y. – More than 1,100 students will arrive on the SUNY Upstate Medical University campus beginning Aug. 22 to participate in orientation programs for the colleges of Graduate Studies, Health Professions, Medicine and Nursing. First day of classes is Monday, Aug. 28.
Orientation activities include campus tours, academic and informational sessions and social events. A program specifically for parents and family members will be held Aug. 23, beginning at 1 p.m. in the Oncenter Ballroom in Syracuse.
Other orientation events planned include:
The White Coat Ceremony presented by the College of Medicine and the Medical Alumni Association, to be held Aug. 23, from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. in the OnCenter Ballroom. During the ceremony, each College of Medicine freshman will receive a white coat made possible by a grant from Excellus BlueCross BlueShield, Central New York Region to the Parents and Family Association of the Medical Alumni Association. The grant also supports a reception following the ceremony.
The College of Health Professions will hold its White Coat Ceremony Aug. 30, at 5 p.m. in 9299 Weiskotten Hall. Dinner will immediately follow the ceremony.
The complete orientation calendar of events for each of SUNY Upstate’s colleges is available by calling 315-464-8855.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard