Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
SUNY Upstate pharmacist named Pharmacist of the Year
SYRACUSE, N.Y. – Bruce Stalder, senior critical care pharmacist at SUNY Upstate Medical University, received the 2006 Pharmacist of the Year Award from the New York State Council of Health System Pharmacists (NYSCHP) at its annual meeting May 6 at the Sagamore in Bolton Landing, N.Y. Stalder also holds faculty appointments in SUNY Upstate’s College of Nursing and the Albany College of Pharmacy and a residency faculty appointment at University Hospital.
The award is presented annually to a pharmacist who has been recognized by his or her peers for achieving significant accomplishments in advancing patient care. Stalder was instrumental in developing a system for documenting drug information services provided by University Hospital pharmacists; a pharmacoeconomic form for documenting drug cost minimization; and developing and implementing a pharmaceutical care plan for clinical monitoring.
Stalder received University Hospital’s Outstanding Pharmacist award in 2002 and serves as a member of the hospital’s Clinical Pharmacy Improvement team and the Critical Care Quality Management team. He is the pharmacy representative to the Nursing Practice Council and a member of the Central New York Society of Health Systems Pharmacists.
Stalder resides in New Woodstock, N.Y.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal