Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
SUNY Upstate pharmacist named Pharmacist of the Year
SYRACUSE, N.Y. – Bruce Stalder, senior critical care pharmacist at SUNY Upstate Medical University, received the 2006 Pharmacist of the Year Award from the New York State Council of Health System Pharmacists (NYSCHP) at its annual meeting May 6 at the Sagamore in Bolton Landing, N.Y. Stalder also holds faculty appointments in SUNY Upstate’s College of Nursing and the Albany College of Pharmacy and a residency faculty appointment at University Hospital.
The award is presented annually to a pharmacist who has been recognized by his or her peers for achieving significant accomplishments in advancing patient care. Stalder was instrumental in developing a system for documenting drug information services provided by University Hospital pharmacists; a pharmacoeconomic form for documenting drug cost minimization; and developing and implementing a pharmaceutical care plan for clinical monitoring.
Stalder received University Hospital’s Outstanding Pharmacist award in 2002 and serves as a member of the hospital’s Clinical Pharmacy Improvement team and the Critical Care Quality Management team. He is the pharmacy representative to the Nursing Practice Council and a member of the Central New York Society of Health Systems Pharmacists.
Stalder resides in New Woodstock, N.Y.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard