News from Upstate
Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
The Ethics of Organ Donations to be Focus of Health Science Center’s Faith and Values Forum Sept. 15
Frank S. Szmalc, M.D., a transplant surgeon and chief of organ recovery services for the SUNY Health Science Center, will present “Organ Donations: The Ethics and the Needs” at the Faith and Values Forum Wednesday, Sept. 15 from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. in the Ninth Floor Auditorium of Weiskotten Hall, 744 Irving Avenue.
The presentation and discussion are expected to address various issues related to organ donation, including how to allocate organs when the need is so great and the supply so limited.
The Faith and Values Forum is made possible by a grant from the Auxiliary of University Hospital/SUNY Health Science Center and is supported by the Cooperative Campus Ministries Committee. Refreshments will be served.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard