News from Upstate
Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
The Ethics of Organ Donations to be Focus of Health Science Center’s Faith and Values Forum Sept. 15
Frank S. Szmalc, M.D., a transplant surgeon and chief of organ recovery services for the SUNY Health Science Center, will present “Organ Donations: The Ethics and the Needs” at the Faith and Values Forum Wednesday, Sept. 15 from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. in the Ninth Floor Auditorium of Weiskotten Hall, 744 Irving Avenue.
The presentation and discussion are expected to address various issues related to organ donation, including how to allocate organs when the need is so great and the supply so limited.
The Faith and Values Forum is made possible by a grant from the Auxiliary of University Hospital/SUNY Health Science Center and is supported by the Cooperative Campus Ministries Committee. Refreshments will be served.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal