Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Two physicians join University Hospital’s anesthesiology department
SYRACUSE, N.Y.- Mohammad Chouthry, MBBS, and Mohammad Naushad Hussain, MBBS, have joined the Department of Anesthesiology at University Hospital of SUNY Upstate Medical University as assistant professor and instructor, respectively.
Chouthry, who specializes in thoracic anesthesiology, comes to SUNY Upstate from the Veterans Administration Medical Center in Syracuse, where he served as an attending anesthesiologist. He received his medical degree from Allama Iqbal Medical College in Lahore, Pakistan, in 1986 and completed residencies in anesthesiology at New York Medical College (1999), at Long Island College Hospital in Brooklyn (2000) where he also completed an externship; and a voluntary fellowship in anesthesiology at New York Medical College in 2002. Chouthry resides in Fayetteville.
Hussain specializes in regional anesthesia. Prior to SUNY Upstate, he completed a Regional Anesthesiology Fellowship at the University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston. Hussain received his medical degree from Guntar Medical College in India (1993) and completed a residency in general surgery at St. Vincent’s Hospital and Medical Center in New York in 2001 and a residency in anesthesiology at SUNY Upstate Medical University in 2004. Hussain resides in Fayetteville.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard