Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Two physicians join University Hospital’s anesthesiology department
SYRACUSE, N.Y.- Mohammad Chouthry, MBBS, and Mohammad Naushad Hussain, MBBS, have joined the Department of Anesthesiology at University Hospital of SUNY Upstate Medical University as assistant professor and instructor, respectively.
Chouthry, who specializes in thoracic anesthesiology, comes to SUNY Upstate from the Veterans Administration Medical Center in Syracuse, where he served as an attending anesthesiologist. He received his medical degree from Allama Iqbal Medical College in Lahore, Pakistan, in 1986 and completed residencies in anesthesiology at New York Medical College (1999), at Long Island College Hospital in Brooklyn (2000) where he also completed an externship; and a voluntary fellowship in anesthesiology at New York Medical College in 2002. Chouthry resides in Fayetteville.
Hussain specializes in regional anesthesia. Prior to SUNY Upstate, he completed a Regional Anesthesiology Fellowship at the University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston. Hussain received his medical degree from Guntar Medical College in India (1993) and completed a residency in general surgery at St. Vincent’s Hospital and Medical Center in New York in 2001 and a residency in anesthesiology at SUNY Upstate Medical University in 2004. Hussain resides in Fayetteville.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal