Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
University Hospital awarded Gold Seal of Approval from Joint Commission of Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
SYRACUSE, N.Y. – University Hospital has received a Gold Seal of Approval from the Joint Commission of Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), the nation’s leading standard setting and accrediting body in healthcare. The gold seal demonstrates that University Hospital maintains the highest national standards for healthcare quality and safety.
“Receiving the gold seal demonstrates our determination to continually meet rigorous national standards,” said Phillip S. Schaengold, J.D., interim executive director for University Hospital. “This honor underscores our firm commitment to our patient’s safety and to our high standards of health care.”
The award of accreditation is for a three-year period and ends in December 2007. University Hospital prepares for accreditation on a daily basis by maintaining a continuous readiness through a high quality of education, biomedical research, and healthcare.
JCAHO, founded in 1951, remains non-profit and independent, while evaluating over 15,000 health care programs. JCAHO is focused on improving the quality and safety of care provided by health care organizations.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal