Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
University Hospital’s Upstate Cancer Advocacy Network to present two cancer support meetings in July
SYRACUSE, N.Y. – The Upstate Cancer Advocacy Network (UCAN) of University Hospital will sponsor two free support group meetings in July for cancer patients of all ages. The meetings will be held at the HealthLink/Oasis Center in the lower level of ShoppingTown Mall in DeWitt.
Leslie Kohman, M.D., director of University Hospital’s Thoracic Oncology Program, will speak at The Lung Cancer Support group meeting July 19, from 6 to 7 p.m. To register, call 464-5896.
Thomas E. Coyle, M.D., professor of medicine at University Hospital, will speak at the Brain Tumor Support group meeting July 28, from 7 to 8:30 p.m. To register, call 464-7228.
The UCAN support group meetings are open to people who have been diagnosed with cancer at any stage. The intent is to bring them together to learn, to talk, or to just listen.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal