Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
John B. Fortune, M.D., named director of Trauma Services and Critical Care at University Hospital
SYRACUSE, N.Y.- John B. Fortune, M.D., has been appointed as
professor of surgery at SUNY Upstate Medical University and director of Trauma Services and Critical Care at University Hospital. His responsibilities include general surgery, trauma, critical care and burns.
Fortune is recognized for developing guidelines for trauma care and for advocating for the regionalization of trauma services. He is certified by the American Board of Surgery and the National Board of Medical Examiners.
Prior to joining SUNY Upstate, Fortune was professor and chair of the Division of General Surgery and director of the General Surgery Residency Program at the Southern Illinois University School of Medicine and director of the Southern Illinois Trauma Center in Springfield.
Fortune received his medical degree from Duke University Medical
School in 1975. He is the recipient of several awards, particularly in the area of excellence in teaching, and serves as a reviewer for Journal of Trauma and Current Surgery.
Fortune resides in Fayetteville.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard