Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Ryan and Same named to coordinate University Hospital’s emergency preparedness program
SYRACUSE, N.Y. – Anne Ryan and Kathryn Same have been appointed as coordinators of University Hospital’s Emergency Preparedness (EP) program. The EP program encompasses the hospital’s assessment, mitigation and response to disastrous situations.
As coordinators of the EP program Ryan and Same are responsible for emergency preparedness planning and response, including education and training, equipment management, communication and city, county and state collaboration.
Ryan, formerly an Emergency Department clinical educator with
extensive experience in emergency nursing, pediatrics and pre-hospital care, has overseen the hospital’s EP activities since 2001. She co-chairs the hospital’s Emergency Preparedness Committee and manages the hospital’s Emergency Preparedness Grant from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). Ryan resides in Cazenovia.
Same has 16 years of experience in infection control. She is managing the HRSA grant that names University Hospital as the designated Regional Resource Center (RRC) for emergency and bio-terrorism preparedness, covering a 13-county geographic area from Jefferson to Broome counties. Same works with the 24 hospitals within this area on regional emergency preparedness response planning. Same resides in Munnsville.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal