Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Two join physical therapy faculty at SUNY Upstate
SYRACUSE, N.Y. – Gary Brooks, Dr.PH., and Denise Schilling, Ph.D., have been named assistant professors in the College of Health Professions at SUNY Upstate Medical University.
A board certified clinical specialist in cardiovascular and pulmonary physical therapy, Brooks holds a bachelor’s degree from Hobart College, a master’s degree in physical therapy from Boston University and a doctorate in public health from SUNY Albany. He currently is vice president of the Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Section of the American Physical Therapy Association. He resides in Fayetteville.
Schilling formerly served as school-based physical therapist and has been in private practice. She earned a bachelor’s degree and a certificate in corrective therapy from Kent State University, a physical therapy degree from Emory University and a master’s degree and doctorate in special education and rehabilitation medicine from the University of Washington. Schilling lives in Syracuse.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal