Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
University Hospital recognizes nursing excellence
SYRACUSE, N.Y. – Nurses who provide outstanding patient care and other services at University Hospital have been recognized for their excellence.
Winners of nursing excellence awards are:
• Nancy Shumway, patient service director in the Perioperative Service Line, received the William J. Painter Award for Excellence in Nursing Management. Shumway lives in Lowville
• Scott Jessie, patient service leader in the Intensive Care Unit, received the William J. Painter Award for Excellence in Nursing Clinical Practice. Jessie lives in Liverpool.
• Sharon Bauer of Whitesboro, patient service manager for Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, and Carol B. Cambareri of Auburn, inpatient nurse practitioner in Department of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, received the Umeschandra Patil Family Pediatric Nursing Endowment Education and Enrichment Award. Bauer resides in Whitesboro, and Cabareri in Auburn.
The University Hospital Department of Pharmacy honored the following nurses for their outstanding contributions to patient care: Cindy Carr, Jennifer Lemke, Jennifer Reese, Nancy Shumway, Nancy Walklett, and Mark Watson.
Awards were presented at the hospital’s annual nursing excellence dinner, held in October.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal