Kathleen Paice 315 464-4839
‘Diabetic Chef’ to speak at SUNY Upstate community diabetes forum Nov. 10
SYRACUSE, N.Y. — Chris Smith, ?the Diabetic Chef,’ will demonstrate healthy cooking techniques for diabetics during SUNY Upstate Medical University 2004 Community Diabetes Forum Wednesday, Nov. 10, at the OnCenter in Syracuse.
Registration and vendor fair begin at 5 p.m.; Smith’s presentation begins at 6:15 p.m.
While studying at the Culinary Institute of America in New York City and working at Manhattan’s four-star Le Cirque restaurant, Smith was diagnosed with type I diabetes. Since, he has dubbed himself ?the Diabetic Chef’ with the mission of teaching diabetics how to cook healthy gourmet meals everyone can enjoy.
Registration is limited. To register by phone, call Health Connections at 464-8668 or 1-800-464-8668.
The Joslin Diabetes Center at SUNY Upstate Medical University opened in 1995 as the eleventh affiliate of the Joslin Diabetes Center in Boston, and the only one of its kind in upstate New York.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard