Kathleen Paice 315 464-4839
‘Diabetic Chef’ to speak at SUNY Upstate community diabetes forum Nov. 10
SYRACUSE, N.Y. — Chris Smith, ?the Diabetic Chef,’ will demonstrate healthy cooking techniques for diabetics during SUNY Upstate Medical University 2004 Community Diabetes Forum Wednesday, Nov. 10, at the OnCenter in Syracuse.
Registration and vendor fair begin at 5 p.m.; Smith’s presentation begins at 6:15 p.m.
While studying at the Culinary Institute of America in New York City and working at Manhattan’s four-star Le Cirque restaurant, Smith was diagnosed with type I diabetes. Since, he has dubbed himself ?the Diabetic Chef’ with the mission of teaching diabetics how to cook healthy gourmet meals everyone can enjoy.
Registration is limited. To register by phone, call Health Connections at 464-8668 or 1-800-464-8668.
The Joslin Diabetes Center at SUNY Upstate Medical University opened in 1995 as the eleventh affiliate of the Joslin Diabetes Center in Boston, and the only one of its kind in upstate New York.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal