Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
East Adams Street near University Hospital to close Saturday, Sept. 25
East Adams Street from Sarah Loguen Street to Elizabeth Blackwell Street will be closed Saturday, Sept. 25, from approximately 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. due to the installation of the pedestrian walkway that will connect the new parking garage to the second floor of the University Hospital lobby, which is currently under construction.
Due to this construction work, the following detour will be in place:
Traffic will be directed from East Adams Street to Sarah Loguen Street and then to Harrison Street.
Elizabeth Blackwell Street will be open to two-way traffic.
Parking on Elizabeth Blackwell Street will be restricted to Emergency Room business only.
For employees using the parking garage: Access to the Sarah Loguen Street entrance via Harrison Street remains open.
Visitors will continue to use the East Adams Street entrance to the parking garage.
Syracuse Police will be stationed at the major intersections around this area to help direct traffic.
In case of inclement weather, the construction work and road closure will occur on Sunday, Sept. 26 from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
As a result of the detour, traffic delays may result.
Thanks for your continued understanding and patience as we continue working on improving our facilities for all.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard