Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Knights of Columbus and Kiwanis events to benefit children’s hospital
SYRACUSE, N.Y. — Two upcoming events—one sponsored by the Knights of Columbus, the other by Kiwanis—will benefit the Central New York Children’s Hospital at University Hospital.
The Knights of Columbus Council 207 will hold a dance party Friday, Aug. 13, from 8 p.m. to midnight, in the parking lot of the council’s headquarters, located at 47 Market Street, Auburn.
Music will be performed by the popular Auburn-based band, The Toonz. Food and refreshments will be available for sale.
The fee for the event is $5 per person. For more information, call 315-253-8722.
A pancake breakfast hosted by the Ontario Division of Kiwanis will be held Sunday, Sept. 12, from 8 a.m. to noon, at the Empire Room, New York State Fairgrounds. The breakfast also offers family entertainment and a raffle for a battery powered children’s jeep.
Admission to the breakfast is $5 per adult; $3 per child (10 and under). Tickets will be available at the door. For more information, call (315) 464-4416.
The CNY Children’s Hospital at University Hospital, estimated to cost $50 million, will occupy the top two floors of a six-floor vertical expansion of University Hospital’s East Wing, and is expected to open in December 2007.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard