Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Nearly 400 cancer survivors will gather to celebrate life at University Hospital’s cancer survivors day June 13
Nearly 400 cancer survivors and their families are expected to attend the National Cancer Survivors Day celebration Sunday, June 13, at the Holiday Inn on Electronics Parkway in Liverpool. The event, which runs from 1 to 4 p.m., will feature a buffet lunch and musical performances.
The event, sponsored by University Hospital, will feature remarks from physicians and others who will speak to daily breakthroughs being made toward a cancer cure.
National Cancer Survivors Day (NCSD) honors survivors who are living with and beyond cancer, and also recognizes those professionals who are helping to fight the battle against cancer. NCSD is an annual, nationwide celebration of life which is held in over 700 communities. Events are held around the nation to honor the 8.9 million Americans who are surviving cancer, to spread the message that life after a cancer diagnosis can be a reality.
Cancer is not the dread disease that it was years ago. Mortality rates for most major cancers are declining, and today, more people survive cancer than ever before. In fact, nearly one in 30 Americans are living with a history of cancer.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Type 2 Diabetes in Youth Progresses Faster, More Aggressively Than in Adults, Even Under Optimal Treatment Conditions
American Diabetes Association
- May is Stroke Awareness Month
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University graduation Sunday
Syracuse Post Standard
- SEFCU donates $250,000 to Upstate Medical University
Central New York Business Journal
- State to fund $21 million energy efficiency upgrade at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse
- Doctors explain injuries, treatment and rehab of marathon victims
News 10 Now