Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
University Hospital departments win honors and accreditation
The Ultrasound Section of University Hospital’s Department of Radiology has received a three-year accreditation for gynecological, general and vascular ultrasound services, including abdominal vascular, following a recent survey by the American College of Radiology. The Ultrasound Section scored 100 percent in all categories. Accreditation is given to facilities for achieving high practice standards after a peer-review evaluation of its practice, qualifications of personnel and adequacy of equipment.
University Hospital was listed as a “better performer for strategies for success” in the “Diabetes 2003 Benchmarking Project Executive Summary” of the University HealthSystem Consortium. The hospital was specifically cited for its computer software used in clinics to download all patients’ self-glucose monitoring measurements; point of-care testing for A1C and microalbumin; prioritizing LDL managements to less than 100 mg/dL; and use of a phone tree with dedicated lines for prescription, appointments, or blood glucose management issues. The project focused on clinical and operational aspects of outpatient care of diabetic patients per American Diabetes Association guidelines.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal