Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
University Hospital departments win honors and accreditation
The Ultrasound Section of University Hospital’s Department of Radiology has received a three-year accreditation for gynecological, general and vascular ultrasound services, including abdominal vascular, following a recent survey by the American College of Radiology. The Ultrasound Section scored 100 percent in all categories. Accreditation is given to facilities for achieving high practice standards after a peer-review evaluation of its practice, qualifications of personnel and adequacy of equipment.
University Hospital was listed as a “better performer for strategies for success” in the “Diabetes 2003 Benchmarking Project Executive Summary” of the University HealthSystem Consortium. The hospital was specifically cited for its computer software used in clinics to download all patients’ self-glucose monitoring measurements; point of-care testing for A1C and microalbumin; prioritizing LDL managements to less than 100 mg/dL; and use of a phone tree with dedicated lines for prescription, appointments, or blood glucose management issues. The project focused on clinical and operational aspects of outpatient care of diabetic patients per American Diabetes Association guidelines.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard