Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Children’s Miracle Network’s Children’s Hospital update to air on WIXT News Channel 9 April 6
“Children’s Miracle Network: Update to the Children’s Hospital,” the second of four Children’s Miracle Network Broadcasts this year will air Tuesday, April 6, from 8 to 8:30 p.m. on WIXT NewsChannel 9.
The program will emphasize the importance of having a children’s hospital in Central New York, a University Hospital initiative slated to open in 2007. The program, hosted by WIXT’s Carrie Lazarus and Dan Cummings, features reports from WIXT morning news anchors Christie Casciano and Rick Gary, among others. University Hospital physicians and nurses will discuss the newest initiatives in pediatric care and research into pediatric disorders. Viewers will also meet children and their families who are receiving care at the hospital.
The Children’s Miracle Network (CMN) is a yearlong fundraising campaign to benefit pediatric services in Central New York and the upcoming children’s hospital at University Hospital.
The first of the four broadcasts aired Jan. 20 on WIXT NewsChannel 9.
For more information about CMN and the broadcasts, call 315-464-KIDS.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard