Kathleen Paice 315 464-4839
University Hospital’s Patricia Knox named to University HealthSystem Consortium steering committee
Patricia Lippincott Knox, a registered nurse and clinical coordinator for University Hospital’s Palliative Care Service, has been appointed to the steering committee to oversee University HealthSystem Consortium (UHC) first palliative care benchmarking project.
UHC’s benchmarking project focuses on symptom management, utilization of various hospital services and end-of-life care for patients with chronically deteriorating conditions. Findings from the benchmarking project will help UHC to identify better performers in palliative care and propose ways to achieve desirable outcomes, while reducing the costs associated with the care of the patient.
Founded in 1984, UHC is an alliance of the clinical enterprises of 88 academic health centers from across the United States, helping members to pool resources, create economies of scale, improve clinical and operating efficiencies and influence the direction and delivery of health care.
In addition to her University Hospital positions, Knox also is a faculty member of SUNY Upstate’s College of Nursing and SUNY Upstate’s Center for Bioethics and Humanities.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard