Kathleen Paice 315 464-4839
Nurse practitioner honored for excellence in pediatric HIV nursing
Kathie Contello, a nurse practitioner in the Department of Pediatrics at SUNY Upstate Medical University, has been honored with the Pediatric HIV Nursing Excellence Award from the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care (ANAC). Contello will receive the award at the ANAC’s annual meeting in November.The award, given in memory of Diana, Princess of Wales, recognizes pediatric nurse clinicians who have made a difference in the lives of children with HIV/AIDS and their families.
Contello, who earned her master’s degree in nursing at SUNY Downstate in 1991 and her pediatric nurse practitioner certificate at Syracuse University in 1995, has had her research published in the journals “Pediatrics” and “Society for Pediatric Research.”
Contello is a member of the Pediatric AIDS Clinical Trials Network, Association of Nurses in AIDS Care and the National Honor Society for Nurses – Sigma Theta Tau.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal