Kathleen Paice 315 464-4839
Student receives American Respiratory Care Foundation award
Clement Yan, a senior in the Respiratory Care Program in the College of Health Professions at SUNY Upstate Medical University, has been named recipient of the Jimmy Young Memorial Education Recognition Award of the American Respiratory Care Foundation (ARCF).
Yan was selected for his original paper that explored the relationship between brain function and respiratory function following head injury and for his academic achievement. The award carries a $1,000 cash award plus all expenses to the AARC International Respiratory Congress to be held Dec. 8 to 11 in Las Vegas.
The ARCF educates the public about respiratory health and assists in the training and continuing education of health care providers.
Yan resides in Syracuse’s east side. He is the son of Lam Sai Mooi of Malaysia.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal