Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Sherard A. Tatum, M.D., receives award from American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Sherard A. Tatum, M.D., a professor in the Department of Otolaryngology & Communication Sciences at SUNY Upstate Medical University, has received the 2003 Community Service Award from the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery’s (AAFPRS) Educational and Research Foundation.
The award honors Tatum for providing or making possible free medical service to the less fortunate overseas. Over the years, Tatum has performed cleft and cranial facial surgery on children in numerous countries, including Russian, China, Croatia and Vietnam. During his visits abroad, Tatum also teaches physicians about cleft and cranial facial srugery.
A resident of Cazenovia, Tatum is a member of the AAFPRS’s Face To Face Foundation, in which AAFPRS surgeons provide complimentary care to those who suffer from facial deformities caused at birth, or by domestic violence and war. AAFPRS surgeons use their expertise to perform plastic and reconstructive surgery of the face, head, and neck.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard