Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Gregory L. Eastwood, M.D., is elected president of national nursing research panel
SUNY Upstate Medical University President Gregory L. Eastwood, M.D., has been elected president of the Friends of the National Institute of Nursing Research (FNINR).
The FNINR, based in Washington, D.C., provides resources to advance the mission of the National Institute of Nursing Research and seeks to enhance and support the practice of nursing by educating nursing professionals and the public about the advances of nursing research and its benefits to patients and the delivery of quality health care.
Eastwood previously served as vice president of FNINR.
Eastwood serves in leadership roles on several medical panels, including as chair of the Biodefense Council and past chair of the board of the Association of Academic Health Centers. He is past-president of the Associated Medical Schools of New York.
Eastwood has been a consultant to the National Institutes of Health, the Department of Veterans Affairs and other organizations in the United States, China, Japan and Britain.
Eastwood resides in DeWitt.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard