Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Gregory L. Eastwood, M.D., is elected president of national nursing research panel
SUNY Upstate Medical University President Gregory L. Eastwood, M.D., has been elected president of the Friends of the National Institute of Nursing Research (FNINR).
The FNINR, based in Washington, D.C., provides resources to advance the mission of the National Institute of Nursing Research and seeks to enhance and support the practice of nursing by educating nursing professionals and the public about the advances of nursing research and its benefits to patients and the delivery of quality health care.
Eastwood previously served as vice president of FNINR.
Eastwood serves in leadership roles on several medical panels, including as chair of the Biodefense Council and past chair of the board of the Association of Academic Health Centers. He is past-president of the Associated Medical Schools of New York.
Eastwood has been a consultant to the National Institutes of Health, the Department of Veterans Affairs and other organizations in the United States, China, Japan and Britain.
Eastwood resides in DeWitt.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal