Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
SUNY Upstate cited for commitment to youth
SUNY Upstate Medical University, its College of Health Professions and SUNY Upstate’s Kevin Neville and Brett Steenbarger, Ph.D., received special recognition from Partners for Education and Business Inc. at the organization’s annual Breakfast Awards Meeting, held May 13 at LeMoyne College.
SUNY Upstate Medical University and its College of Health Professions received 2003 Recognition Awards for its job shadowing program for high school students, presented in collaboration with the organization. Cathy Kelley, RN, coordinator of SUNY Upstate’s program, accepted the award on behalf of SUNY Upstate.
Neville and Steenbarger received certificates of appreciation for dedicated participation in the program.
Neville, of SUNY Upstate’s Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, is a physical therapist at SUNY Upstate’s University Hospital. He resides in Syracuse’s east side.
Steenbarger is an associate professor in SUNY Upstate’s Department of Psychiatry and director of Student Counseling. He resides in Fayetteville.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal