Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Priscilla Worral, Ph.D., R.N., of SUNY Upstate to present at international nursing conference
Priscilla Worral, Ph.D., R.N., of SUNY Upstate Medical University, will present her paper “Traveling Posters: Communicating at the ?Coal Face’” July 9, at the International Evidence-Based Practice Pre Conference in St. Thomas, Virgin Islands. Worral’s paper will highlight efforts of staff RN members of University Hospital’s Nursing Research Council (NRC) to increase the use of evidence as a basis for nursing care provided to patients and families. Worral is coordinator for Nursing Research at University Hospital.
Using disciplined clinical inquiry as an organizing framework, NRC members help themselves and fellow nurses to become more aware of evidence-based practice. The conference precedes the 14th International Nursing Research Congress held by Sigma Theta Tau International, a nursing honor society that was founded in 1922 and is currently the second largest professional nursing organization in the United States.
Worral resides in Skaneateles.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal