Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Roy Guharoy of SUNY Upstate receives Preceptor of the Year award from Wilkes University
Roy Guharoy, director of pharmacy services at SUNY Upstate Medical University, has been named Preceptor of the Year by students at the Nesbitt School of Pharmacy at Wilkes University in Wilkes Barre, Pa.
Guharoy has served as a volunteer preceptor at Wilkes since 1999. As a preceptor, he teaches Wilkes students during their annual visit to University Hospital for an six-week rotation in infectious diseases.
Guharoy joined SUNY Upstate in April 1998 as director of pharmacy and associate professor of medicine and nursing. He is an expert in the areas of pharmacy management and infectious disease pharmacotherapy and management. He has published and presented more than 100 scientific articles in medical journals and at national meetings.
Guharoy is a fellow of both the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists and the American College of Clinical Pharmacology and is the recipient of the Lederle Research Award of the New York State Council of Hospital Pharmacists.
He received the 2000 Pfizer New York State Health-System Pharmacist of the Year award and was included in both the 2001 and 2002 editions of Marquis’s Who’s Who in America, a leading biographical resource book.
Guharoy resides on Syracuse’s east side.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Type 2 Diabetes in Youth Progresses Faster, More Aggressively Than in Adults, Even Under Optimal Treatment Conditions
American Diabetes Association
- May is Stroke Awareness Month
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University graduation Sunday
Syracuse Post Standard
- SEFCU donates $250,000 to Upstate Medical University
Central New York Business Journal
- State to fund $21 million energy efficiency upgrade at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse
- Doctors explain injuries, treatment and rehab of marathon victims
News 10 Now