Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
OASIS celebrates National Senior Health & Fitness Day May 28 at ShoppingTown Mall
To celebrate the 10th anniversary of National Senior Health & Fitness Day, OASIS will host a day of interactive health classes Wednesday, May 28, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the OASIS headquarters located in the lower level of ShoppingTown Mall in DeWitt. The event is free and open to people aged 50 and older.
? Strength and Conditioning: It Does Make a Difference (9 to 10:30 a.m.); ? Nutrition After 50 (11 a.m. to noon);
? Food Follow Up — Munchies with Meaning (Noon to 1 p.m.);
? Osteoporosis Prevention: Not for Women Only (1 to 2:30 p.m.);
? Hormone Replacement Therapy: The Dialogue Continues (3 to 4:30 p.m.).
All sessions are presented by University Hospital medical staff.
Senior Health and Fitness Day, held the last Wednesday in May as part of older Americans Day, is cosponsored by Advocates for Upstate Medical University.
OASIS is a life enrichment program for older adults, sponsored by University Hospital and Kaufmann’s Department Store.
For more information or to register for the OASIS National Senior Health & Fitness Day, call 315-464-6548.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal