Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
OASIS celebrates National Senior Health & Fitness Day May 28 at ShoppingTown Mall
To celebrate the 10th anniversary of National Senior Health & Fitness Day, OASIS will host a day of interactive health classes Wednesday, May 28, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the OASIS headquarters located in the lower level of ShoppingTown Mall in DeWitt. The event is free and open to people aged 50 and older.
? Strength and Conditioning: It Does Make a Difference (9 to 10:30 a.m.); ? Nutrition After 50 (11 a.m. to noon);
? Food Follow Up — Munchies with Meaning (Noon to 1 p.m.);
? Osteoporosis Prevention: Not for Women Only (1 to 2:30 p.m.);
? Hormone Replacement Therapy: The Dialogue Continues (3 to 4:30 p.m.).
All sessions are presented by University Hospital medical staff.
Senior Health and Fitness Day, held the last Wednesday in May as part of older Americans Day, is cosponsored by Advocates for Upstate Medical University.
OASIS is a life enrichment program for older adults, sponsored by University Hospital and Kaufmann’s Department Store.
For more information or to register for the OASIS National Senior Health & Fitness Day, call 315-464-6548.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard