Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Paige’s Butterfly Run set for May 31
Hundreds of walkers and runners will meet at Palmer Elementary School on Hicks Road in Baldwinsville to participate in the Seventh Annual Paige’s Butterfly Run Saturday, May 31 to benefit University Hospital’s Center for Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders and the Paige Yeomans Arnold Memorial Scholarship Fund at Baldwinsville High School. The event, affiliated with the Central New York Children’s Miracle Network, is open to the public.
The event features a 5K race on a certified course with official timing starting at 9 a.m., and a 3K fun run/walk starting at 10 a.m. Awards for all age groups will be presented and all participants will receive finishers ribbons. Participants are encouraged to pre-register by May 16, but applications will be accepted at the race.
The event also includes raffles, face-painting and a bounce house for children. Food and refreshments will be available for purchase.
Paige Yeomans Arnold was diagnosed and treated for leukemia at University Hospital in 1993. After her death, her family and friends established this event in her memory to help children in Central New York.
Registration forms for Paige’s Butterfly Run can be obtained by calling the Children’s Miracle Network at 464-4416, or by visiting www.pbrun.org.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Prostate Cancer Survivor to Men: â€˜Get Checked Out Promptly and Get Checked Out Often
Time Warner Cable News Central NY
- Your questions on skincare answered
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Upstate Medical nursing students get new home on campus
Syracuse Post Standard
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer