News from Upstate
Kathleen Paice 315 464-4839
Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital hosts Halloween parade for patients and their families
Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital’s Child Life Program hosted a Halloween parade for patients and their families. The event is an annual tradition at the children’s hospital. Staff volunteer their time and goodies to help create a sense of routine and normalcy for patients unable to trick-or-treat outside of the hospital. Nurses like Jenelle Vargulick, 11G, escort patients through a maze of treat stops in the children’s hospital “neighborhood” created by our own child life specialists. It’s a certain bright spot for patients like Shyea, pictured above. To see the album, visit www.facebook.com/UpstateGCH.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal