Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Cardella elected to national radiation protection council
John F. Cardella, M.D., professor and chair of the Department of Radiology at SUNY Upstate Medical University, was elected to the National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements (NCRP). This organization is responsible for measuring and monitoring radiation exposure to the U.S. population, both from occupational, environmental, and medical exposures.
Cardella was nominated to the NCRP post by the American College of Radiology.
The NCRP has been active in the areas of radiation protection and measurements since its inception in 1929. It was originally established to represent all of the national radiological organizations in the United States on a collective, scientific basis and to serve as the United States national analog of the International X-Ray and Radium Protection Committee.
Cardella resides in Manlius.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard