Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
Cardella elected to national radiation protection council
John F. Cardella, M.D., professor and chair of the Department of Radiology at SUNY Upstate Medical University, was elected to the National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements (NCRP). This organization is responsible for measuring and monitoring radiation exposure to the U.S. population, both from occupational, environmental, and medical exposures.
Cardella was nominated to the NCRP post by the American College of Radiology.
The NCRP has been active in the areas of radiation protection and measurements since its inception in 1929. It was originally established to represent all of the national radiological organizations in the United States on a collective, scientific basis and to serve as the United States national analog of the International X-Ray and Radium Protection Committee.
Cardella resides in Manlius.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal