Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
SUNY Upstate nutrition professionals awarded certification
Four nutrition professionals at SUNY Upstate Medical University were awarded certification from the National Board of Nutrition Support Certification Inc. (NBNSC) after passing a comprehensive written examination.
Certifications were awarded to Konstanin Millerman, M.D., of Syracuse; Joyce Mackessy, of DeWitt; Tara Kerestes, of Liverpool; and Terry Podolak, of Auburn.
Upon passing the physician’s exam on nutrition support, Millerman is now credentialed as a Certified Nutrition Support Physician, CNSP. He is among fewer than 300 medical doctors nationally with this credential. Registered dietitians Joyce Mackessy and Terry Podolak were previously certified and completed the examination to maintain their certification.
NBNSC is the accrediting organization for the American Society of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (ASPEN).
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal