Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Debra Buchan, M.D., named Outstanding Young Alumna of SUNY Upstate Medical University
Fayetteville physician Debra Buchan has received the Outstanding Young Alumna Award from SUNY Upstate Medical University. Buchan, who is an internist and associate professor of medicine at SUNY Upstate, earned her medical degree from SUNY Upstate in 1987.
Buchan was recognized as a committed and caring physician who goes out of her way for both her patients and students. Her outstanding rapport with medical students was noted with her appointment as senior advisory dean. In her post, Buchan is helping to strengthen the university’s student/advisor program.
In addition to her faculty post at SUNY Upstate, Buchan also serves as medical director of the Antithrombosis Center at University Hospital. Her research focuses primarily on the treatment and management of venous thromboembolism, outpatient monitoring in the management of hypertension, and racial disparities in the treatment of hypertension.
The Outstanding Young Alumna Award is presented annually by SUNY Upstate’s Medical Alumni Association.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal