Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Debra Buchan, M.D., named Outstanding Young Alumna of SUNY Upstate Medical University
Fayetteville physician Debra Buchan has received the Outstanding Young Alumna Award from SUNY Upstate Medical University. Buchan, who is an internist and associate professor of medicine at SUNY Upstate, earned her medical degree from SUNY Upstate in 1987.
Buchan was recognized as a committed and caring physician who goes out of her way for both her patients and students. Her outstanding rapport with medical students was noted with her appointment as senior advisory dean. In her post, Buchan is helping to strengthen the university’s student/advisor program.
In addition to her faculty post at SUNY Upstate, Buchan also serves as medical director of the Antithrombosis Center at University Hospital. Her research focuses primarily on the treatment and management of venous thromboembolism, outpatient monitoring in the management of hypertension, and racial disparities in the treatment of hypertension.
The Outstanding Young Alumna Award is presented annually by SUNY Upstate’s Medical Alumni Association.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard