News from Upstate
Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Upstate to hold open house for ED, OR nurses Aug. 6
SYRACUSE, N.Y.— Upstate University Hospital will hold an open house for registered nurses for its emergency room and operating rooms from 4 to 6 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 6.
Increases in the number of patients treated in the Emergency Department and throughout the hospital are among the reasons Upstate is hiring additional nurses.
Positions are open in at Upstate’s Downtown and Community campuses.
Jody Purdy, director of Nursing Recruitment, said Upstate is looking for nurses with acute care nursing experience.
The open house will include an on-the-spot job interviews, and tours of the Emergency Department, Operating Room suite, Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital as well as the hospital’s helipad.
“Upstate is a dynamic place, providing all levels of medical care and a wide array of experiences for our nurses,” Purdy said.
Among the attractive benefits for nurses, Purdy said is that Upstate pays tuition expenses for nurses who are interested in obtaining additional education, such as a bachelor’s or master’s degree. In addition, all nurses receive medical, dental and vision coverage.
Upstate is the area’s largest employer of nurses with about 1,100 currently working at Upstate.
For more information on nursing positions at Upstate, one can call Nursing Recruitment at 464-4810.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal