Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Steencken named chair of the Upstate Medical University Parents and Family Association
Robin L. Steencken has been named chair of the SUNY Upstate Medical University Parents and Family Association at Upstate Medical University in Syracuse.
The association’s mission is to foster a sense of community between parents of medical students and the College of Medicine. It also helps provide financial support for milestones in a student’s medical school career, such as the White Coat Ceremony and Match Day receptions, and raises funds to offset the cost of key medical texts for students.
Steencken, of Skaneateles, has lived in the Syracuse area for the past 27 years. She is a homemaker and works with her husband in his Little Falls, N.Y., dental practice.
Steencken has raised three children, Joseph Jr., a stock trader in Boca Raton, Fla.; Rachelle, an attorney in Chicago; and Gregory, a third-year medical student at Upstate Medical University in Syracuse.
Steencken attended Eastern Michigan University in Ypsilanti, Mich., where she studied early elementary education.
Steenecken also serves on the Board of Directors of the Upstate Medical University Alumni Association and Foundation.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Parents urged to practice crib safety
News 10 Now
- Upstate Medical University opens new Neuroscience Research Building Monday
WSYR TV9 Syracuse
- Nosebleeds seldom need invasive treatment
- Cuomo: SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, other upstate schools win $2 million NIH grant
- NIH announced $2 million grant
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University leads six-school partnership that wins $2 million grant
Syracuse Post Standard