Darryl Geddes 315 464-4828
Steencken named chair of the Upstate Medical University Parents and Family Association
Robin L. Steencken has been named chair of the SUNY Upstate Medical University Parents and Family Association at Upstate Medical University in Syracuse.
The association’s mission is to foster a sense of community between parents of medical students and the College of Medicine. It also helps provide financial support for milestones in a student’s medical school career, such as the White Coat Ceremony and Match Day receptions, and raises funds to offset the cost of key medical texts for students.
Steencken, of Skaneateles, has lived in the Syracuse area for the past 27 years. She is a homemaker and works with her husband in his Little Falls, N.Y., dental practice.
Steencken has raised three children, Joseph Jr., a stock trader in Boca Raton, Fla.; Rachelle, an attorney in Chicago; and Gregory, a third-year medical student at Upstate Medical University in Syracuse.
Steencken attended Eastern Michigan University in Ypsilanti, Mich., where she studied early elementary education.
Steenecken also serves on the Board of Directors of the Upstate Medical University Alumni Association and Foundation.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal