Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
L. Thomas Wolff, M.D., elected president of the American Board of Family Practice
L. Thomas Wolff, M.D., a Distinguished Teaching Professor in the Department of Family Medicine at SUNY Upstate Medical University and a nationally recognized family medicine educator, has been elected president of the American Board of Family Practice (ABFP). ABFP is the national organization that certifies the nation’s family physicians and currently has over 65,000 physician diplomates.
Wolff also serves on the American Board of Medical Specialties, the umbrella organization for the certifying boards for all medical specialties and is past president of the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine.
Wolff is director of SUNY Upstate’s Rural Medical Education Program; a co investigator on the nationally recognized IDEAtel Project, a home interactive telemedicine program for diabetics; and co-founder and associate director of the New York State Area Health Education Center Network.
Wolff resides in Liverpool.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- Type 2 Diabetes in Youth Progresses Faster, More Aggressively Than in Adults, Even Under Optimal Treatment Conditions
American Diabetes Association
- May is Stroke Awareness Month
News 10 Now
- SUNY Upstate Medical University graduation Sunday
Syracuse Post Standard
- SEFCU donates $250,000 to Upstate Medical University
Central New York Business Journal
- State to fund $21 million energy efficiency upgrade at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse
- Doctors explain injuries, treatment and rehab of marathon victims
News 10 Now