Doretta Royer 315 464-4833
L. Thomas Wolff, M.D., elected president of the American Board of Family Practice
L. Thomas Wolff, M.D., a Distinguished Teaching Professor in the Department of Family Medicine at SUNY Upstate Medical University and a nationally recognized family medicine educator, has been elected president of the American Board of Family Practice (ABFP). ABFP is the national organization that certifies the nation’s family physicians and currently has over 65,000 physician diplomates.
Wolff also serves on the American Board of Medical Specialties, the umbrella organization for the certifying boards for all medical specialties and is past president of the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine.
Wolff is director of SUNY Upstate’s Rural Medical Education Program; a co investigator on the nationally recognized IDEAtel Project, a home interactive telemedicine program for diabetics; and co-founder and associate director of the New York State Area Health Education Center Network.
Wolff resides in Liverpool.
Search Upstate News
Upstate in the News
- New York Teen Donates Kidney to Younger Brother: 'This Was My Chance to Save Him'
- Syracuse teen receives kidney transplant from older brother
WTVH CBS5 Syracuse
- Inside the Mind of the Munich Mass Killer
- How 'Determined Danielle' became president of Upstate Medical University
Syracuse Post Standard
- BRCA Gene Mutations May Influence Prostate Cancer Risk
Renal and Urology News
- Upstate Medical to use nearly $200,000 in NSF funding to fight Zika virus
Central New York Business Journal